HSBC Classics Bursary 2010 24 April 2010Posted by admin in Biasiswa/Pinjaman.
Applications are now open to Malaysian students aged 25 years and below for the HSBC Classics Bursary awards to study classical music in an internationally recognised music / performing arts school / college or music department of a recognised university.
Students who have been accepted by an internationally recognised music / performing arts school / college or music
department of a recognised university.
A one-off payment of RM20,000 will be awarded to successful applicants for the duration of their studies.
Criteria for Selection
In recommending an award, the selection committee will take into account the following factors:
- The candidate’s musical potential
- Financial need
- Academic background
- Application forms can be downloaded from www.hsbc.com.my or www.klpac.org
- All applicants must submit a CD recording of their performance (of 10 – 15 minutes duration) with an accompanying letter from their instrumental/music teacher, authenticating the recording. Please label the CD with your name.
• Applications must be accompanied by:
– a copy of your identity card
– a short resume including biodata, details of music education, current teacher(s), musical activities, prizes
or awards in music competition.
– a letter of recommendation from either current or recent teacher or a professional musician
– a recent passport size photograph
- All decisions by the selection committee are final and no correspondence pertaining thereto shall be entertained.
- Applications should be marked “HSBC Classics Bursary” and sent to:
The Kuala Lumpur Performing Arts Centre
Jalan Strachan, Sentul Park, 51100 Kuala Lumpur.
• Only short-listed candidates will be notified and required to attend an interview.
Closing Date of Submission
All applications must reach The Kuala Lumpur Performing Arts Centre by 31 May 2010.
For details, visit http://www.klpac.org/